M.A.D. About HairTo ensure good hair care quality education is first priority
To ensure good hair care quality education is first priority. It is very important to keep in mind that hair weave is not a magic cure for already damaged hair. It is only an added extension of the beauty that’s already there. Your M.A.D. Beauty hair extensions require the same amount of TLC that is required for your very own natural hair. Remember longevity depends on your maintenance.
BE EXTREMELY GENTLE WHEN BRUSHING
When brushing or styling your M.A.D. BEAUTY hair extensions, please be extremely gentle to prevent shedding. Start from the bottom and slowly work your way upward. For better results, please use a wide tooth comb.
When you receive your M.A.D. Beauty hair, we recommend that you shampoo the hair before installation. Hold hair in a vertical direction and allow hair to air dry
M.A.D. BEAUTY offers co-wash products to help moisturize the hair of your choice. Since your M.A.D. BEAUTY hair extensions are not getting natural oils from your scalp to keep your hair in good condition, this will keep the moisture from shampooing. Wash carefully. Twice a week!
- Sponge the shampoo into the hair
- Do not massage hair should be shampooed in one direction (from scalp to ends) Avoid circular motions as this can lead to tangling
- Rinse thoroughly
- Apply a moisturizing conditioner and comb hair, starting with the ends working your way up to your scalp. When conditioner is on the hair, leave it on for approximately five minute, then comb through the hair starting from the ends.
- Rinse thoroughly
- Let air-dry, or sit under dryer to prevent mildew
**Very important tips
Shampoo the hair immediately after swimming, spa, and exercise. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair will tangle.
Reduce the amount of stress on the hair and weft by making a couple of big braids when going to sleep, swimming or exercising (comb through the hair before making braids).
Never sleep on wet hair.
Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed. Make sure to brush the hair daily and always start from the ends and work your way up.
KEEP ENDS TRIMMED
Just like natural hair, M.A.D. BEAUTY hair extensions will get split ends. Since you are dealing with natural human hair like ours, it is important to keep ends trimmed 6-10 weeks to prevent damage to the hair shaft. Always consult with a licensed cosmetologist before coloring your M.A.D. Beauty tresses.
- Do not overuse products on the hair. Too much leave-in conditioner and other hair care product will create a build-up on the hair and will cause it to tangle. Shampoo hair with a good shampoo and conditioner if you experience tangling. Don’t continue to add product, as this won’t solve the problem. Be sure to gently brush and detangle hair before shampooing
- The great thing about M.A.D. Beauty Extensions is that you can style it as you would your own hair. You can color or perm the hair. Although you may bleach the hair (M.A.D. Beauty Wigs or Weaves) we suggest that you use a cream coloring system that isn’t as harsh. This will prolong the life of the hair.
- For Curly hair, be sure to brush the hair daily and apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner so the hair is soft and moist.